Cruelty free All the products of the Bordeaux brand Margot&Tita are made without animal cruelty. Indeed, our products are not tested on animals, in accordance with the European cosmetic regulation. Since 2016, cosmetic products tested on animals are now banned in all markets of the European Union. “The Commission has set a deadline on 11 March 2009 for the prohibition of the marketing of cosmetic products whose final formulation, ingredients or combinations of ingredients have been tested on animals, and for the prohibition of each ongoing test using animals” from Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products. What is the difference between vegan and cruelty free? The term “vegan” refers to the fact that our products do not contain any ingredient of animal origin. This concerns 85% of our collection!On the other hand, 100% of our collection is cruelty free because our products, or the ingredients that make them up, have not been tested on animals. To give you a concrete example in the Margot&Tita perfume collection, you can find perfumes containing beeswax, which was not tested on animals. They are Douce féline, Je t’aime moi non plus and L’amour est dans l’air. This is why we can say that our collection is 100% cruelty free and 85% vegan. DOUCE FELINE – EAU DE PARFUMOriental perfume €14,95 Add to cart JE T’AIME MOI NON PLUS – EAU DE PARFUMFloral perfume €14,95 Add to cart L’AMOUR EST DANS L’AIR – EAU DE PARFUMFloral perfume €14,95 Add to cart What about the other 15% that are not vegan? We use beeswax absolute in some of our fragrances. This creates a slightly honeyed, herbaceous scent with hints of tobacco and hay, and aniseed, spice, fruit, and leather accents, depending on the other natural scents that surround it. Beeswax absolute is used to create a gourmand fragrance. The honey note is relatively easy to produce as it is extracted from nature and the beehives that also produce the honey nectar. There are as many varieties of beeswax absolutes as there are varieties of honey. It is therefore possible to invent extremely broad olfactory palettes.